How to Tie a Necktie with a Kent Knot
The Kent Knot is one of the easiest and simplest ways to tie a necktie, similar to a Four-In-Hand Knot. The knot also only uses a smaller proportion of the necktie’s total length, making it an ideal choice for taller men. Because it is a much smaller knot, it is ideal for ties that are made of a thick material coupled with dress shirts that have a finer collar spread.
- Fold the shirt collar up, undo the top button and place the necktie around your neck. Ensure that the narrow end of the necktie is 4-5 inches higher than the wide end. Ensure the inseam of the tie is facing your body and then twist the wide side of the tie so that its inseam is away from your body
- Pull the wide end of the tie behind the narrow end of the tie
- Loop the wide end of the tie over the narrow end so that the front side of the tie is showing again
- Take the wide end of the tie and wrap it between your neck and the tie whilst pulling through the created loop
- Adjust and tighten to neaten the knot and place your collar back down over the necktie. Your Kent Knot is complete!