How to Tie a Diamond Bow Tie
Reserved for men who wish not to conform to traditional styles, the diamond bow tie is a younger, trendier version of the classic bow tie. So if you're a guy who likes to tread on the side of rebellion, yet still look sophisticated at the same time, the pointed tips of the diamond bow tie are made just for you! The diamond bow tie is rising to popularity at an increasingly fast rate because of its sleek and sharp aesthetic. While it’s not on the mainstream menu for formal events and red carpets just yet, it certainly is gaining traction in the fashion world. It’s a great choice if you want to stand out!
Diamond Bow Tie Knot tying steps
- Adjust the length of the bow tie so it’s long enough to sit just below your chest.
- Place the bow tie around your neck with the right end lower than the left end.
- Cross the long end over the top of the short end towards your left. Pull the long end up through the neck loop from underneath and pull to fasten. Place it over your shoulder so it’s out of the way.
- Take the short end that’s hanging down and pull it horizontally across your collar. The fold should be on the right side. It should create a bow shape.
- Take the end that’s over your shoulder and bring it down over the centre of the bow.
- Pinch the two sides of the bow inwards towards the centre.
- Slide your finger through the loop at the top of the bow tie to make sure there’s enough room.
- As you keep pinching the bow inwards, take the bottom end of the bow tie and slide the folded part through the loop at the top, from right to left. This can be a little tricky.
- Slide the fabric through half way so that it sits evenly on both sides of the bow tie. There should be a fold and an end on either side of the bow.
- Pull the folded parts tightly on both sides to fasten the knot.
- Keep adjusting the ends back and forth until they’re even.
- When the knot is fastened and both sides are even, you’re ready to finish up.