How To Fold A Stairs Fold
The Stairs Fold, or Three Stairs Fold, is a challenge to say the least! It's the most complex pocket square fold in our repertoire and it requires concentration, practice and a small amount of OCD to complete. But if you want to look like the most fancy guy in the room, it's worth giving the Stairs Fold a crack! It will transform you from an everyday kind of a guy to an all-out show stopping gent. That's a hard offer to pass up! The Stairs Fold showcases three tiered stairs that ascend from the crest of your jacket pocket and we couldn't think of anything more intricate to bring polish to your suits! It will definitely be a challenge but we have belief in you. Good luck on your pocket square folding journey, my friend.
Stairs Fold folding steps
- Lay your pocket square face-down.
- Fold it in half from top right corner to bottom left corner so that two points meet.
- Create a pinch in the fabric and lift it up just below the fold line to create a pleat.
- Create another pinch in the fabric and bring it below the pleat you just created.
- Pick the pocket square up and fold it in half from the top corner to the bottom corner, keeping the pleats on the outside.
- Place it back down with the pleats at the top.
- Take the bottom right corner and fold it to the back.
- Take the bottom left corner and fold it to the back.
- Wrap the excess material around the pocket square to the front.
- Fold the bottom section up to the back. Adjust according to the length of your pocket.
- Place it in your pocket.