How To Fold A Scallop Fold
The Scallop Pocket Square Fold is a masterstroke of uniqueness. If you want a pocket square that makes leaps and bounds in sophistication, then the Scallop Fold is the perfect technique for you. This gourmet delight is as complex as pocket square folds get, so if you want a challenge that will put your skills to the test, we rate the Scallop Fold 11 out of 10 for difficulty. Don't worry, the effort will be well worth it. It's a masterpiece. It also has nothing to do with shellfish.
Scallop Fold folding steps
- Lay your pocket square face-up in a diamond shape.
- Pinch the bottom quarter of the pocket square and fold it up to create a pleat.
- Just above the pleat, pinch the fabric again and fold it underneath to create a triangle.
- Hold the pleats together and rotate the fabric anti-clockwise. Then turn it on its back with the pleats at the top.
- Take the right corner and fold it down, slightly askew to the left of the bottom point.
- Take the left corner and fold it down, slightly askew to the right of the bottom point.
- Hold the fabric in place as you fold the sides around to the back.
- Fold the bottom section up to the back.
- Place it in your pocket.