How To Tie a Simple Knot
You've bought yourself an exquisite necktie (probably OTAA) and you need to know how to tie it properly. Cue: the Simple Knot. The Simple Knot, or Oriental Knot, is the easiest method of executing a tie knot. Involving the fewest amount of steps and the least amount of fabric manipulations, the Simple Knot is the most practical way to make it out the front door and to work on time in the morning! As Leonardo da Vinci once said, "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". The Simple Knot involves a small, triangular knot at the top of your tie that makes an elegant statement in the boardroom. Because of its understated size, the Simple Knot is versatile enough to wear to virtually any occasion.
Simple Tie Knot tying steps
- Place the tie around your neck, with the underside facing outwards. The wide end on the right and the skinny end on the left. Position the wide end lower than the skinny end.
- Cross the wide end underneath the skinny end towards the left.
- Cross it back over the skinny end towards the right.
- Fold it up through the neck loop from underneath.
- Pass it down through the loop you’ve just created in the front.
- Pull down on the wide end to fasten the knot and then slide it up towards your neck.